ZAGREB, October 16, 2019 – Health Minister Milan Kujundžić on Tuesday said that Croatia had absorbed 100% of the European Union’s funds put at disposal for the national healthcare sector.
Kujundžić said this during the ceremony of opening of the reconstructed Gastroenterology Department at the Dubrava general hospital in Zagreb.
The Regional Development and EU Funds State-Secretary Spomenka Đurić confirmed Kujundžić’s statement saying that almost 380 million euro had been allocated for the health sector from the Competitiveness and Cohesion Operational Programme.
“This is a sector that has absorbed not just what was made available to it but much more – it has invested in day hospitals, primary health protection, specialised hospitals,” Đurić said at the opening ceremony of the project that involved an investment of 9 million kuna from EU funds.
Kujundžić announced that the healthcare sector was making preparations to absorb even more funds from the EU in the 2020 – 2030 period to build four new university hospital centres in Split, Rijeka, Osijek and Zagreb.
More healthcare news can be found in the Lifestyle section.