TripAdvisor compiled a Traveller’s Choice list of the top 10 best national parks in Europe for the first time. Croatian most famous national park Plitvice Lakes took third place on the list and thus got another recognition by visitors.
As written on the TripAdvisor webpage, the Plitvice Lakes National Park is impressive in both winter and summer.
“The bubbling, turquoise crystalline pools of Plitvice Lakes National Park comprise one of Croatia’s most popular tourist destinations. Just a two-hour drive from Zagreb, the national park offers 50 acres of forest and lake. In winter, it’s a wonderland of frozen waterfalls. In summer, the park is lush with greenery. Wooden walkways and hiking trails traverse the porous karst limestone. This World Heritage Site is a veritable wildlife haven, home to everything from birds to boars and even bears,” writes TripAdvisor.
Yorkshire Dales National Park in the United Kingdom took first place, and Vatnajokull National Park in Iceland overtook Plitvice Lakes National Park in second place. Check out the full list:
1. Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
2. Vatnajokull National Park, Iceland
3. Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia
4. Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
5. New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
6. Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park, Spain
7. Sierra Nevada National Park, Spain
8. Uludag National Park, Turkey
9. Sierra de Aracena and Picos de Aroche Natural Park, Spain
10. Cilento and Vallo di Diano National Park, Italy
And what do Plitvice Lakes National Park look like right now? Check out at the live video stream.