The Zagreb Funicular is situated in Tomić Street, connecting the Ilica Street with Strossmayer promenade to the north. Its 66-metre track makes it one of the shortest public-transport funiculars in the world.
The funicular was built in 1890 and has been in operation since April 23, 1893. Initially it had steam engines, which were substituted with electrical engines in 1934. Having in mind that it kept its original shape, constructional and most of the technical properties, it was given legal protection as a monument of culture. It has two cars for 28 passengers each (16 seated and 12 standing places).