The City Office of Split has made a list of recommendations for citizens to advise for the adverse weather conditions coming tomorrow.
Here’s what the people of Split should prepare for in times of possible snow, as reported by Dalmatinski Portal on February 24, 2018.
1. Regularly consult the media about the latest weather conditions and keep track of emergency services.
2. If you haven’t already, protect the water meters, water supply systems, hydrant plugs, and faucets exposed to cold that are outside buildings or in neglected buildings (cottages, garages, taverns and the like).
3. Drain water from unused water pipes, tanks or water heaters and non-heating central heating systems.
4. Provide sufficient quantities of food, medicine, energy supplies and basic life necessities, especially for children as well as those who are sick, old and in need of assistance.
5. In the case of snow, you must fulfill your obligations under the Decree on the Utility Order (VI REMOVAL OF SNOW AND ICE Article 82 and Article 83), by which you as homeowners and apartment renters are responsible for removing snow and ice from sidewalks next to your building, and the removal of snow and ice from roofs of buildings and structures.
6. If you cannot clean the snow, then use sand and ice (read more here)
7. Use footwear with rubber and rugged soles.
8. Carefully walk alongside buildings or beneath trees as snow or ice can fall.
9. In the case of snow, do not use vehicles without winter equipment, and in the case of ice on vehicles do not use it at all.
10. Observe the warnings, prohibitions and notices of all competent traffic services.