When I started Total Split last year I was curious to learn what kind of New Year’s events are on offer in Split, and I was more than a little surprised to learn that what is billed as “the biggest New Year’s dancing celebration in Europe” is taking place in Split. With some of it in bikinis on the beach. Madness!
There are some great pictures from last year’s event (all these taken from the website gallery), and the basic info about the event is as follows:
Here is the 2012/3 programme to get you in the mood. The 2013/4 programme is not yet out, but you will find it on www.salsa-silvester.com
– Live bachata sensation: Toke D Keda from Miami!!! (hits Lamento Boliviano, Debo Pensar, Ai si me pego…)
– 4 days of dancing activities: Master Classes for instructors and DJs, Workshops for students, all sorts of parties: beach, indoor, live band etc…
– 5 star resort Le Meridien: with the best Mediterranean food you can get, with the best rooms where you can stay, all in one hotel together with workshops and party venues!
– We negotiated “crisis friendly prices” so you can stay in 5* hotel almost for the price of normal apartment!
– SSSN 2013 will be part of “Part III La Epoca – The Movements in Salsa (2014)” movie by Josue Jeseph – LIVE MOVIE SHOOTING AT THE FESTIVAL!
– Also we recommend you take a part of private photoshooting by Valentin Behringer at festival (the best dance photographer in the world!)
It sounds like a very alternative and spectacular way to see in the New Year, so why not check it out?
Lots more info on the event website, www.salsa-silvester.com. Don’t forget your swimming costumes!