In the Pontifical Croatian College of Saint Jerome, Grlić Radman met with Rector Marko Đurin, who informed him about the work of that institution and its importance for the Croatian people and pilgrims.
The history of the Church of Saint Jerome dates back to 1453 when Pope Nicholas V gave it to the Fraternity of Saint Jerome. The present building was built in 1589 by Pope Sixtus V, a descendent of a Dalmatian family.
Since its foundation at the beginning of the 20th century, the College has schooled Croat priests from Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Srijem region of Serbia, Timișoara in Romania, and Bar and Kotor in Montenegro.
Grlić Radman also visited the the Pontifical University of Saint Anthony and the Church of San Paolo alla Regola, where he was welcomed by Rector Calogero Favata. Together they visited the Chapel of Schola Sancti which houses a plaque showing that it was the titular church of the Blessed Alojzije Stepinac, who never collected it because he was imprisoned after the Second World War.
The Croatian foreign minister also visited the Basilica of Saint Mary the Great, which is home to a memorial plaque written in the Croatian language and Glagolitic alphabet as testimony to the visit by the holy brothers Cyril and Methodius to Pope Hadrian II in 868.
For more on lifestyle, folow TCN’s dedicated page.
For more about Croatia, CLICK HERE.