Croatia gets a unique place of entertainment that combines themes and water attractions modeled on the world’s best entertainment centers. Pools and water slides will join the already known Jurassic World, Space, Pirate Bay, and Wild West at the current Fun Park Biograd. Only a few countries in Europe and the world can compete with this unique entertainment offer, reports Dalmatinski Portal.
The Dalmaland water park construction and attractions at Fun Park Biograd have been officially announced.
On Wednesday, June 15, 2022, many figures from the county, municipalities, tourist boards, hotel representatives, sponsors, and Erste Bank attended the ceremonial laying of the foundation. Among others, the president of the Zadar County Chamber of Commerce Denis Ikić, the Zadar County representative Ante Vukašin and the mayor of Biograd na Moru Ivan Knez were in attendance, while the blessing was led by Don Frane Šindija from the Biograd parish.
The designers of the water park and the contractors are Croatian companies. The world-famous Polin Waterparks company will build the water attractions, which has so far constructed slides for more than 50 world water parks. The end of works and the opening of Dalmaland are scheduled for May 2023.
Dalmaland will feature the following:
– wave pool – pool with artificial waves to enjoy and relax after adrenaline slides,
– children’s water slides and swimming pool provides carefree entertainment for the youngest, with water cannons, slides, and water fountains,
– water slides with pool – water descents of different heights with many lights and sound effects that the whole family will enjoy in safe conditions across more than two kilometers,
– swimming pool for diving – water oasis of fun for all ages,
– adrenaline fast looping rocket slide that reaches an incredible speed of 12.56 m / s and windigo of 11.07 m / s, the pools will have built-in heat pumps for heating.
The representatives announced that new equipment would be procured for the 2023 season. Namely, the entire Fun Park Biograd will switch to cash-less payment bracelets with an RFID reader.
The entire investment is worth HRK 50,000,000.00; the investment will be made from Erste Bank Investment Loan funds. It will provide an additional 30 jobs so that the number of employees in the Park will be 100, of which 30 are permanent.
Given the high seasonality of tourism and heat in the summer, it was necessary to use the position in the center of the Dalmatian coast, which will undoubtedly increase revenues and local businesses from hotels, restaurants, and private companies and bring Zadar County to the top of tourism lists, both domestic and foreign – and given the Mediterranean climate and the number of sunny days, there is hope to increase the length of the season!
The water park expansion will be a step in the vision of creating a unique Fun Pak Biograd entertainment zone. Along with the Wild West Universe, Pirate Bay, and Jurassic World, the Dalmaland water park will stand alongside the largest water parks and provide entertainment that does not exist in this part of Europe.
For more, check out our lifestyle section.