ZAGREB, April 29, 2020 – Minister Vili Beroš said on Tuesday evening that the healthcare system was not overburdened with the number of COVID-19 patients who needed hospital treatment and could resume performing elective surgeries and the postponed diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
Commenting the current state of affairs in the health system, the minister told the Nova TV commercial broadcaster that the situation allowed for the gradual reactivation of all services.
He said that the number the personnel available would be sufficient for the gradual reactivation of the system.
Beroš informed that five employees in the Split hospital had been diagnosed with the virus lately and that nine patients had been placed in isolation.
The centres for transfusion medicine in Croatia have sufficient blood supplies and are ready to meet the needs of hospitals once they restore elective surgeries which have been postponed due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the head of the Croatian Institute for Transfusion Medicine (HZTM), Irena Jukić, said on on 20 April.
The institute and centres had enough supplies of blood and blood products for transfusion during operations performed by the hospitals.
“We have enough supplies when elective surgeries start to be performed,” Jukic told Hina last week.
More health news can be found in the Lifestyle section.