Check out how the Dalmatian capital will be celebrating the 1st of May.
To observe International Labor Day, or May 1st, the people of Split will gather at Marjan’s amphitheater for a bean feast organized by the Split office of the Croatian Independent Trade Unions and the Split Tourist Board. The celebration for International Labor Day will begin at 11.00 am with a commemorative program, and representatives of SSSH, Split-Dalmatia County and the City of Split are expected to address the occasion. On the plateau in front of the ZOO’s garden at noon, 2,500 free portions of beans with dried meat and sausage will be distributed to everyone in attendance!
To observe International Labor Day and the program organized on Marjan, the City of Split, in cooperation with the city transport company Promet d.o.o. Split, will provide free public transport from the town at Prima Grad – Marjan Forest Park. Bus transport will be available from 8.00 to 16.00, and two buses will take guests every twenty minutes from Prima to Marjan, and from Marjan to Prima from 8.20 to 16.20.
Here is how else Split will be celebrating Labor Day this week:
– Organized by the Split Tourist Board, on May 1st at 20.00 on the Riva, a full concert of classical music will be performed, featuring Stefan Kokoškov, Bjanka Ivas and Musica Mediterana
– In the City Library Marko Marulić, on Wednesday, May 2nd at 12.00, the students of OŠ Spinut present “Spli’ska abeceda – slovarica zavičajnog kraja”
– Organized by the 1st Gymnasium Split and Astor College Dover, on Wednesday, May 2nd at 18:00, the Gallery of Diocletian at the Split City Museum opens the photo exhibition entitled “Veze-Connections”
– In the City Library Marko Marulić, on Wednesday, May 2nd at 18.00 there will be an art workshop for children titled “Sv. Duje-My Split”
– At the Spinut City Library on Wednesday, May 2nd at 18.00, children from 8 to 11 years old can attend the French language school “Sveti Duje”
– Organized by the Police Federation in the hall of the Archdiocese Seminary (Zrinsko Frankopanska 19), on Wednesday, May 2nd at 19.00, a public forum called “Split and the Police” will be held. A public presentation on Split and the relationship with the police through history will feature Mario Nepo Kuzmanić, and the program will include klapa Rebatajica
– Organized by the Split Tourist Board, on Monday, May 2nd at 20.00, a program of KUD “Filip Dević” will be held on the Riva
– Fešta St. Cross, organized by GK Varos and the Split Tourist Board will be held on Wednesday, May 2nd at 20:30 on Uvodića širina
Source: Dalmacija Danas