Nina Commerce from Zagreb Installs Solar Panels With EU Help

Lauren Simmonds

As Marta Duic/Poslovni Dnevnik writes on the 18th of January, 2020, the European Union funded 60 percent of the project, cutting spending by 43 percent. Nina Commerce, a part of the popular Planet obuća (footwear) shopping chain, started a project back in June of 2018, which involved building a photovoltaic power plant for its own purposes at its facility located at Slavonska avenija (Slavonian avenue) 19 a in the capital city of Zagreb.

Today, the works are finally complete and the power plant on the roof of the building belonging to Nina Commerce is up and ready to go. The project is worth a massive 1,976,823.00 kuna in total, of which the European Union co-financed a welcome 1.22 million.

“The pilot operation of the photovoltaic power plant started on January the 17th, 2020, and if everything goes well, the power plant will enter into permanent operation. We were encouraged to create energy savings and improve environmental awareness. Of course, we were also encouraged by the co-financing of the project by the cohesion fund, as well as our partners who have gone through the painstaking process of purchasing equipment and building it,” explained Tomislav Filipovic of Nina Commerce.

Nina Commerce participated in the construction with 40 percent of the value and the remaining 60 percent was covered by the EU, and when it comes to the project’s documentation and publicity, Nina Commerce participated with 15 percent and the EU chipped in with a massive 85 percent of the costs. The construction of a photovoltaic power plant will reduce harmful CO2 emissions by a very impressive 58.30 tonnes, and the share of renewable energy in the company’s total energy balance will stand at 43.42 percent.

”The process was extremely arduous and rigid, and it was very important to adhere to all of the rules and norms issued by the EU Fund, given the time frames. Fortunately, we made all of our commitments on time so we didn’t have any financial corrections to deal with and everything went well,” Filipovic noted. Otherwise, Nina Commerce employs more than 380 people, operates in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Serbia and currently has 129 branches under its belt.

“The plan for 2020 is to remain the largest shoe retail chain in the Republic of Croatia and continue to expand while maintaining jobs and increasing employee salaries,” concluded Tomislav Filipovic.

Make sure to follow our dedicated business page for more. Give Total Eco Croatia a follow for more information on official and unofficial ways Croatia takes care of its environment.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment