This weekend, Friday June 10, 2016 through Sunday June 12, 2016 is the biggest Croatian American party in California. On Friday we will be celebrating the Croatian American Day at the State Capitol and the Croatian Extravaganza party will go on through the weekend.
Here is the announcement from the Croatian Extravaganza:
This year we are celebrating the 40th anniversary of the Croatian American Cultural Center of Sacramento and therefore will make this Extravaganza a very special event for everyone who attends.
We are bringing TWO VERY POPULAR entertainers from Croatia: DALMATINO BAND and ZLATKO PEJAKOVIC!
*** SPREAD THE WORD. SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ***
This is going to be a party you don’t want to miss!
*On Friday June 10, 2016: Croatian-American Day at the California State Capitol (West Steps)* 11 AM – 1 PM*
Catch a glimpse of the Croatian culture, food and music right at the heart of California!
* TASTE Croatian food. Come and sample some of the food that will be available at the Croatian Extravaganza event.
* ENJOY Croatian Kolo (Croatian folk dancing) performance by Sacramento’s own Ensemble Skalinada
* LEARN how to dance Kolo. You are in good hands – renowned choreographer and dance instructor Zeljko Jergan from Pittsburgh, PA will teach you!
* GET INFORMATION about Croatian Extravaganza – the biggest Croatian festival in North California held at the Croatian-American Cultural Center in Sacramento on June 11-12, 2016.
* TRAVEL SMART – Thinking about visiting Croatia? We will providing travel information and tips.
* EXPERIENCE DALMATINO MUSIC. Dalmatino, a multi-award winning Croatian pop rock band will be playing a short set at the Capitol as an appetizer for their appearance at the Croatian Extravaganza on Saturday night.
Then on Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th it is the Croatian Extravaganza weekend party:
********** CROATIAN EXTRAVAGANZA PROGRAM **********
SATURDAY, June 11, 2016
* Admission $10 (Children under 12 free)
*Gates open at noon
* 12:00 – 7:00 p.m. Kids’ games, Pastry sale, Wine tasting
* Food service 1:00 – 9:00 p.m.
* 1:00 p.m. UEFA EURO 2016 soccer games, registration begins for Bocce Tournament and Zeljko Jergan Kolo clinic
* 4:00 p.m. Opening Ceremonies, Parade of National Costumes, Guest Speakers, Kolo Performances, Kolo Clinic by Zeljko Jergan
* 6:00 p.m. Dalmatino Band and Zlatko Pejaković Concert
* 11:00 P.M. Dj Mario inside the hall
* 1:00 a.m. Closing
SUNDAY, June 12, 2016
* FAMILY DAY – Free Admission. Come and enjoy a relaxing picnic day
* 11:00 A.M. Croatian mass in celebration of St. Anthony’s (Hrvatsko Antunovo)
* Gates open to the general public at noon
* 12:30 P.M. – 4:00 P.M. Food service, pastry sale, kids’ games, wine tasting, UEFA EURP 2016 soccer games, local band music performance
* 6:00 P.M. Closing
For more see the Croatian Extravaganza Facebook Page