It is almost exactly 18 months since the first-ever digital nomad conference in Croatia, Dubrovnik for Digital Nomads. The Pearl of the Adriatic followed this up with the award-winner Dubrovnik Nomads-in-Residence programme in April 2021. Dubrovnik’s determination to establish itself as a digital nomad destination continues with the latest initiative bringing influential players and destinations in the remote work space to Dubrovnik for next week’s Work. Place. Culture. conference, from May 5-7. The conference is part of the continued collaboration between the City of Dubrovnik, Dubrovnik Tourist Board, Saltwater Nomads, Digital Nomad Association Croatia, and Total Croatia News.
Some of the highlights:
- There will be 50 presenters over 2 days, with over 20+ virtual, the rest in person.
- Leading remote companies have been eager to join – including VP People at Remote.com, CEO Butter and our keynote speakers (Gartner, RoRemote, Growmotely, Make The Leap Digital) and presenters from the ABC Travel Network, The Remote Life Podcast, Expat in Croatia, DNA Croatia and more.
- 3 leaders in digital nomad hubs: Bansko, Estonia and Sun & Co Coliving Spain.
- Initiatives from destinations looking to position themselves to the DN market – such as Scotland, Mostar, BiH, Venice, Central Istria, Croatia and Tirana, Albania.
- The speakers includes on of last year’s Dubrovnik Nomads-in-Residence (and baby DNIR) joining remotely from Hvar to moderate a panel.
The full programme is now available and can be viewed below or on the official Work. Place. Culture. website. Some tickets are still available, and they can be obtained through the website. It promises to be a stimulating few days, and it is encouraging to see such global interest from individuals and destinations which are helping to define the future of work.
Looking to attend the Work. Place. Culture. conference? More details here.
For more news and features about digital nomads in Croatia, follow the dedicated TCN section.