Health Insurance Institute Says Number of Sick Leave Cases Up 11% in 2021

Total Croatia News

Updated on:

Pixabay License - Free for commercial use
Pixabay License - Free for commercial use

The sick leave rate in 2021 was up by 11.1% and the related cost for employers grew by 15.6% and for the HZZO by 6.8%.

The number of cases of sick leave due to coronavirus-related self-isolation grew by 14% compared to 2020.

Sick leave controls covered the medical records of 49,265 persons, after which sick leave was terminated for 17,366 persons, or 35% of the cases checked, an increase of as much as 196% compared to 2020.

HZZO controllers conducted 18,951 checks of offices, hospitals and suppliers of medical equipment, focusing on family doctors, with 18,603 checks made. In 89% of the cases no irregularities were detected. As for breaches of contractual obligations in the remaining 11% of the cases, 2,066 decisions were made, including warnings, warnings with fines, and warnings prior to contract termination, and procedures were launched to terminate two health service providers’ contracts with the HZZO.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment