Labour Minister Josip Aladrović presented the programme in Sisak on Friday, noting that these public works would contribute to the positive trends on the labour market and economic recovery.
“This is one of the measures which the government and the ministry have been implementing since the (December 2020) earthquakes. Apart from this activity, the government has disbursed 300 million kuna to 3,000 employers in this area for grants to 15,000 employees,” Aladrović said.
War Veterans’ Affairs Minister Tomo Medved, who heads the task force dealing with the aftermath of last year’s earthquakes in the Banovina area of central Croatia, said employment in public works would contribute to the economic revitalisation of the area.
The measure is part of a set of measures and programmes the government has been implementing in cooperation with the county and local authorities, he said.
For more on politics, CLICK HERE.