Are you ready for Škraping?
As eZadar writes on the 2nd of March, 2018, despite adverse weather conditions battering most of Croatia recently, neither snow nor ice has managed put any strain on the energy of about two thousand recreationalists who are preparing to enter and attempt to win the island of Pašman’s traditional Škraping on Saturday.
Škraping, which takes place on the island annually and has been attracting people from all over the world for the past eleven years, also has some worth in a touristic sense. Not only did Pašman brand Škraping, but the entire island is ”done up” purely for the unusual recreational event, and just how much photography and video is shared countless times across various social media networks acts as a great advertisement for tourism on Pašman, doesn’t even have to be mentioned.
Škraping’s 2018 news is the introduction of a new recreational trail of about 6 km in length, intended for children and adults who want to spend Škraping pleasantly walking through the island’s abundant nature.
The main theme of the week is healthy sports nutrition, which, along with physical activity, is the most important element of overall healthy living. As part of promoting a healthy diet and in line with this year’s Škraping theme, gourmet expert Veljko Barbieri will prepare top quality delicacies together alongside local caterers.
The whole program is as follows:
Saturday, March the 3rd:
– Start at 08:00 – Škraping Ultra category from Banje
– Start at 10:00 – Škraping Challenger, Active and Family-Light from Tkon
– 13:00 – 18:00 – Lunch for Škraping competitors in Sovinje restaurant
– 10:15 – Opening ceremony of the fair of the island products at the Škraping Centre – performance from KUD Kunjka from Tkon
– 17:00 – 19:00 – Dinner for exhibitors and distribution of thanks to the participants of the fair with a Klapa performance at restaurant Đardin
– 18:30 – Škraping 2018 winner’s ceremony, Diploma award for the best product/souvenir of the island products fair
– 21:00 – Performances by “CENTRAL” and DJ Fidelius until the early hours of the morning
Sunday, March the 4th
– 11:30 – 12:30 – Kids Škraping walk
– 13:30 – Medals for Škrapić participants in Sovinje restaurant
– 14:00 – Restaurant Sovinje, Three cats (Tri mačke) performance
Island product fair from 08:00 – 12:00
– 10:30 – 11:00 – Lecture on the ”contemporary packaging and design of island products” from lecturer Ljubica Ajduković Ugarković at the Škraping Centre
– 12.00 – 12.30 – Visit to the local OPG Ante Baržić in Kraj
– 12:30 – 13:00 – Visit to the Franciscan monastery in Kraj