Winter road maintenance is in progress, so there are frequent delays behind winter service vehicles, which move more slowly.
There are winter conditions on most of the roads in Lika and Gorski Kotar, including the A1 motorway between the junctions Gospić and Maslenica (Rovanjska), the A6 Rijeka-Zagreb between the junctions Kikovica and Bosiljevo II and the state road DC3 Karlovac-Vrbovsko-Delnice-Kikovica (the old road through Gorski district).
The latest travel information from Croatian Roads (HAK) – click here for further updates in English.
Last update 26.2.2023. 15:32
Due to very strong wind and snow all traffic is suspended:
- on the A1 Zagreb-Split-Ploče motorway between Sveti Rok and Posedarje junctions;
- on the DC1 Udbina-Gračac-Knin state road;
- on the DC8 Adriatic road Senj-Sveta Marija Magdalena;
- on the DC50 Sveti Rok-Gračac state road;
- on the DC54 Maslenica-Zaton Obrovački state road;
- on the DC25 Gospić-Karlobag state road;
- on the DC218 Bjelopolje-Donji Lapac state road;
- on the ŽC5217 Dobroselo-Mazin regional road.
Passenger traffic is allowed only:
- on the A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway between Kikovica and Delnice junctions;
- on the A7 Rijeka bypass road between Škurinje and Orehovica junctions, detour: Rijeka;
- on the part of the DC8 Adriatic road Novi Vinodolski-Senj;
- at Pag bridge;
- at Krk bridge.
On the DC8 Adriatic road from Bakar to Novi Vinodolski, on the A7 Draga (Rijeka Istok)-Šmrika motorway, on the DC99 Križišće junction-Križišće state road and on the LC58107 Kraljevica-Križišće local road there is a traffic ban on: doubledeckers, trailers, motorcycles, delivery vans and vehicles with covered cargo area.
Due to a freight vehicle accident traffic is suspended on the DC27 Obrovac-Gračac state road.
Due to a traffic accident on the DC59 Kistanje-Knin state road at Radučić one lane is free only.
Attention to many trees and branches fallen on the road in the area of Pula and Labin!
Due to winter driving conditions there is a traffic ban on freight vehicles with a trailer and all other vehicles have to use the winter equipment on the following roads of
Gorski kotar mountain area:
- A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway, section Bosiljevo 2-Kikovica;
- DC3 Karlovac-Vrbovsko-Delnice-Gornje Jelenje-Kikovica;
- DC32 Prezid-Delnice;
- DC42 Vrbovsko-Josipdol-Stubica-Ogulinski Hreljin;
- DC203 Brod na Kupi-Delnice;
- DC305 Parg-Čabar;
- DC501 Gornje Jelenje-Oštrovica-Meja;
- DC549 Vrata-Fužine;
- ŽC5094 Ledenice-Stalak;
- regional and local roads in the area of Vrbovsko, Delnice, Čabar and Gornje Jelenje;
Lika mountain area:
- A1 motorway, section Gospić-Maslenica (Rovanjska);
- DC1 Karlovac-Zagorje-Grabovac-Korenica-Udbina-Gračac-Knin;
- DC23 Duga Resa-Josipdol-Kapela-Žuta Lokva-Senj;
- DC25 Korenica-Lički Osik-Gospić;
- DC27 Gračac-Zaton Obrovački;
- DC33 Strmica-Knin;
- DC42 Munjava-Grabovac;
- DC50 Žuta Lokva-Gospić-Gračac;
- DC52 Špilnik-Korenica;
- DC59 Bribirske Mostine-Knin;
- DC218 Bjelopolje-Donji Lapac-Užljebić;
- DC429 Selište Drežničko-Prijeboj;
- ŽC5217 Bruvno-Mazin;
- regional and local roads in Ličko-senjska county.
For freight vehicles with trailers there is currently no open road connecting the interior with Dalmatia and with the area of Rijeka and Istria.
Drivers are asked to adjust the way of driving and driving speed to road conditions, to keep the safety distance and not to start the journey without the winter equipment!