Housing some of the biggest names of Croatian modern art, the Museum of Modern Art Dubrovnik was founded in 1945. Just a 5-min walk away from the Old Town, this building was designed by famous architects Lavoslav Horvat and Harold Bilinic and originally built as the residence of Dubrovnik ship owner Bozo Banac.
In 1948 it was converted into the museum spreading over the three floors and containing nine rooms of exhibition space. The permanent collection features many works by famous Croatian artist Vlaho Bukovac from nearby Cavtat alongside other contemporary art exhibitions. The institution is currently having a new Renaissance offering more art happenings, workshops and exhibitions since the appointment of young and energetic director, Marin Ivanovic.
Highlight: Sculpture terrace of this neo-Renaissance-cum-Gothic style palace is not to be missed.
Ulica Frana Supila 23, 20000 Dubrovnik
Phone: +385 20 426 590
Tues – Sun: 10 a.m – 8 p.m.