While it’s no surprise that Split is an epicenter for accommodation, one thing that is always surprising is the lengths hotels and apartments take to create truly breathtaking spaces either inside or outside the palace walls. Whether they are traditional hotels, renovated stone houses, or delicate rooms built within Diocletian’s quarters, here are TripAdvisor’s top 10 hotels in Split.
1. Palace Judita Heritage Hotel: With 11 hotel rooms up for offer, the Palace Judita is a heritage hotel set in a palace dating back to the 16th century and located on the main square of Split, Pjaca. It offers luxurious rooms featuring exposed stone walls, parquet flooring, elegant furniture and luxurious bathrooms.
2. Divota Apartment Hotel: With 13 rooms and and 10 apartments, Divota is located in the old neighborhood of Veli Varos, just a 5 minute walk from the center. Old school authentic charm coupled with contemporary interiors, Divota has a full range of services to make you feel right at home.
3. Cornaro Hotel: A traditional hotel, Cornaro offers 78 hotel rooms located just a 2 minute walk from Diocletian’s Palace. All rooms are modern, and guests of the hotel can relax on the shared terrace and lounge area. The restaurant at Cornaro serves a free, full buffet breakfast and the bar offers a wine tasting of Croatian Wines.
4. Hotel Marul: 14 hotel rooms just 500 meters from Diocletian’s Palace, Hotel Marul is named after the father of Croatian literature, Marko Marulić, and is decorated with pastel tones. The hotel offers an a-la-carte restaurant and bar, and even has bike and car rental services. Some units have a furnished balcony.
5. Piazza Heritage Hotel: 7 hotel rooms located right in the center of Pjaca, Piazza Heritage Hotel is decorated Art Nouveau style and features rooms equipped with a seating area and private bathrooms decorated with mosaic tiles. The property also features an a-la-carte restaurant located on the ground floor.
6. Hotel Luxe: 30 hotel rooms located just 400 meters from Diocletian’s Palace, Hotel Luxe is a modern hotel with all rooms equipped with the latest technology such as LED satellite TVs. There is a breakfast room with a breakfast buffet and wellness and fitness facilities including a sauna, a jacuzzi and a gym, which can be used free of charge.
7. Hotel Slavija: Known as the oldest hotel in Split, Hotel Slavija has 25 rooms inside the palace walls. Most of the bright and comfortable rooms offer private balconies with panoramic views of Split. Free continental breakfast is served each morning.
8. Hotel Vestibul Palace: Offering 11 rooms, Vestibul Palace is a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World. Located in the heart of Diocletian’s Palace, this hotel offers elegant, bright rooms with handmade furniture. Part of this hotel is Villa Dobric, with 4 rooms and a caffe bar located 250 meters from the hotel main building.
9. Hotel Marmont: Marmont Hotel is located in the heart of the Old Town of Split, only one minute away from Diocletian’s Palace, offering 22 boutique hotel rooms. The elegant rooms all feature dark walnut furniture and oak wood floors, and the on-site restaurant serves fresh and local cuisine. Breakfast is also included and the hotel’s lounge bar has an open-air terrace.
10. Split Apartments – Peric Hotel: A 5 minute walk from the town center, Peric offers homely decorated apartments situated on a quiet street. All apartments are fully equipped and offer free parking and coffee and tea. Apartments are suited for 2 or 3 persons.