Zagreb Be there is a fun and gamified way to explore the city.
The app enables you to discover all the coolest spots in town and win prizes when you share your experience with friends, such as souvenirs or discounts for museum tickets and bike rentals.
This local insider in your pocket lets you personalize your Zagreb tour, so there are various routes to choose from:
• Nightlife Zagreb: Remi, the lead singer of Elemental, shows you her favourite places to go out in Zagreb
• Fooodie Zagreb: Jelena-Iva Nikolić, a food blogger and chef, takes you on a gourmet adventure around Zagreb’s restaurants and food spots
• Arty Zagreb: This route shows you Zagreb through the eyes of Zagreb’s creative core, such as musicians, artists, actors and designers
• Classic Zagreb: This is a Zagreb for beginners route which can serve as your guide through Zagreb’s most important landmarks
• Indie Zagreb: Takes you to contemporary art museums, such as Lauba and Museum of Contemporary Art, and introduces you to street art by famous artists from Zagreb
• Space Explorer Zagreb: This route lets you go on a space adventure while you’re trying to find all of the grounded planets hidden around Zagreb (Pluto included) as part of an art installation
• New Zagreb: Novi Zagreb and its building blocks built in the socialist era are not as famous as the old party of the city, but that doesn’t mean that this area is any less interesting
• Hidden Spots: takes you to secret spots and tells you legends and stories about the city
There are also two additional Christmastime routes
• Advent Zagreb: Chosen as the best Christmas destination in Europe, Zagreb transforms into a winter wonderland during Advent, and this route shows you all the best stops along the way
• Kiss & Tell: Similar to Advent, this route takes you to all the best kissing spots in the city so you can kiss under the mistletoes and share your love.
You need to check into every place you visit on your route and once you’ve completed the route, you can claim your prize.
This innovative app won the best Digital Media Prize at Tourism and Strategy Festival in 2015.