November 16, 2023 – A noteworthy project of the Croatian Tourist Board – the 4th nationwide Days of Taste of Croatian Tradition are starting tomorrow, on November 17, 2023.
On Friday, November 17, the fourth national Days of Taste of Croatian Tradition will begin, jointly organized by 12 county tourist boards in cooperation with local restaurants, holders of the Tastes of Croatian Tradition standard.
The participation of 104 establishments from twelve counties and the city of Zagreb has been announced. For the coming days, they have prepared traditional dishes made from traditional ingredients in a traditional way, as well as some prepared and presented in a more modern culinary process and aesthetic. Each restaurant has prepared two menus of at least three courses, which will be enhanced by a glass of local drink. The prices of the menus designed in this way range from 10 to 30 euros, and will be available until the first Sunday of December 2023.
The tastes and smells of local, original, and traditional cuisine, top wines, drinks, and homemade agricultural products are an experience for the soul and body. An experience that conquers and fulfills, say the organizers.
To try them means to get to know the wealth and diversity that was created on the one hand by the surprising simplicity of preparation and the ingenuity of village housewives at home hearths, or on the other hand by the special culinary skills of the bourgeois and noble court kitchens. The charm of both of them is in the preparation that preserves the taste and top quality of the local food…
Facilities that bear the standard Tastes of Croatian Tradition spread before you a wide range of gastronomic treasures. The aromas and flavors of the tradition they exude will provide for the true pleasure of dining.
This festival brings together 12 regional events:
- Taste of the Mountain and Sea (Lika-Senj County),
- Taste of Banovina, Posavina and Moslavina (Sisak-Moslavina County),
- Taste of the Zagreb Region (Zagreb County),
- Taste of Zagorje (Krapina-Zagorje County),
- Taste of Varaždin region (Varaždin County),
- Taste of Međimurje (Međimurje County),
- Taste of Podravina and Prigorje (Koprivnica-Križevci County),
- Taste of the Bjelovar-Bilogora Region (Bjelovar-Bilogora County),
- Taste of Podravina and Slavonia (Virovitica-Podravina County),
- Taste of Golden Slavonia (Požega-Slavonia County),
- Taste of the Borderland of Posavlje (Brod-Posavina County) and
- Taste of Srijem and Slavonia (Vukovar-Srijem County).
For the full list of restaurants participating in each county, check out the interactive map.
The tourist boards of these 12 counties are also signatories to the Agreement on Cooperation on Joint Management, Development, and Implementation of the Taste of Croatian Tradition project, which is one of the largest public-private project collaborations in the Croatian tourism system.