150 Million Kuna Loan Guarantee Signed for Pula Hospital

Total Croatia News

ZAGREB, March 2, 2020 – A 150 million kuna loan guarantee agreement was signed on Monday to help the Pula General Hospital, the largest health institution in Istria, to settle its long-term obligations.

The signing ceremony was attended by Prime Minister Andrej Plenković during a day-long visit to Istria County.

At its session held last November, the government pledged an additional HRK 150 million to support the construction and equipping of the new hospital in Pula. The state guarantee secured a loan for that purpose from Erste & Steiermärkische Bank.

HRK 600 million was previously secured through two loans for the new construction of the new hospital in Pula. A co-funding loan agreement was signed in July 2011 by the government, Istria County and the Pula General Hospital, under which the central government was to cover 75% of annuities and the county government the remaining 25% throughout the repayment period.

Because of the changes that had occurred during the construction, notably to improve project solutions by applying state-of-the-art technologies in medicine, it was necessary to ensure an additional HRK 150 million.

“The additional funding does not mean the investment has increased in relation to the plan. Under the 2011 agreement, the planned cost of the entire project with construction and equipment was HRK 800 million, and we will reach HRK 750 million,” Pula General Hospital director Irena Hrstić told Hina.

More Pula news can he found in the Lifestyle section.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment