APIS IT Shared Services Centre Opened

Total Croatia News

ZAGREB, November 25, 2019 – Prime Minister Andrej Plenković opened the APIS IT Shared Services Centre on Monday, a 362 million kuna project marking 55 years of the operation of this strategic company.

The Shared Services Centre (CDU), which is government ‘cloud’ IT infrastructure, will combine an enormous quantity of government data and facilitate data management with the ultimate goal of enabling the state to function without paper, which should lead to savings of 50%.

It was underscored at the opening ceremony that 85% of the project’s value is being financed from EU funds, and that by the project’s finalisation, expected in 2023, 300 state administration institutions will have been encompassed.

The project represents digital work stations for 110,000 civil servants in state administration who will have access to the CDU.

Congratulating API IT on its 55 years of work, Plenković underscored that this was a big infrastructure project for the state because digitisation and digital transformation was important for economic growth and better services for citizens.

“Both APIS IT and its Shared Services Centre, along with the Administration Ministry as its partner in the project, as well as the entire government, are working on a more efficient, transparent and responsible state administration which is something beneficiaries expect. This is also important for global competitiveness and we already have digital services for citizens and are introducing new ones,” added Plenković.

Plenković said that work was under way on digitising the health, judicial, heritage and other systems in the country, noting that during this government’s term, Croatia had climbed four places on the Digital Economy and Society Index (DESI), adding that some 40 digitisation projects worth more than 1.3 billion kuna were currently under way.

Administration Minister Ivan Malenica said that the state currently had projects valued at more than HRK 500 million, including e-business, e-surcharges, e-signatures and e-stamps, aimed at reforming the state administration.

For over 50 years APIS IT LLC has provided strategic, professional and implementation services to the public and government sector organisations in planning, development, support and maintenance of their information systems.

APIS IT is the State Electoral Commission’s main partner. It employs 460 people, and was founded by the Zagreb City Assembly in 1964. Zagreb owns 49% of the company’s shares and the state the remaining 51%.

More IT news can be found in the Business section.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment