Employees Increasingly Using Sick Leave

Total Croatia News

ZAGREB, September 30, 2018 – The number of sick leave days taken by employees in Croatia in the first half of 2018 increased by 682,357 compared with the same period in 2017, while the average number of people on sick leave on a daily basis increased by 4,051, the Croatian Health Insurance Fund (HZZO) said earlier this week.

HZZO inspectors checked 3,796 insurance policy holders on sick leave and terminated sick leave for 1,164 or 31 percent of them.

The HZZO also carried out 2,902 checks of all its contractual partners and found no irregularities in 85 percent of them. In the remaining 15 percent of the cases, fines in the total amount of 783,914 kuna were imposed.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment