In attendance at the ceremony was Prime Minister Andrej Plenković who said that the 93-million-kuna underpass in S. Leopolda Bogdana Mandića Street would reduce traffic jams in that part of the city.As high as 85% of this investment will be covered by the European Union’s funds while the remaining 15% will be covered by the state budget.
Also, 32 million kuna will be set aside for the procurement of 13 new buses for public transportation. The 85% of the amount is also covered by funds from the EU.
All these projects are part of our policy which we have been pursuing since 2016 as part of the “Slavonia, Baranja and Srijem” project, and we have contracted 17.7 billion kuna under that programme, Plenković said.
The outgoing mayor Ivan Vrkić said that during his two mayoral terms, HRK 1.6 billion had been invested in Osijek since Croatia joined the European Union.
(€1 = HRK 7.508080)
For more on travel in Croatia, follow TCN’s dedicated page.