ZAGREB, November 8, 2018 – Zagreb County Court on Thursday evening decided that the founder and former owner of the Agrokor conglomerate, Ivica Todorić, who is under suspicion of siphoning more than a billion kuna from the conglomerate, will remain in investigative custody where he was incarcerated on Wednesday evening after being extradited from England.
Todorić was brought to Zagreb County Court to attend a hearing at which an investigative judge heard the defence’s proposal for Todorić to be released on bail as all the witnesses had been questioned, and the prosecution’s request that he remain in custody due to flight risk.
Todorić’s attorney Jadranka Sloković said that investigative custody was set this time due to flight risk and that the court did not accept bail in the amount that a court in London had accepted.
Sloković said earlier that the defence believed that there were no grounds to extend custody. She added that Todorić had not fled but happened to be in England with the Agrokor case emerged, that there was no siphoning of money into a private account and that all the money remained in Agrokor’s account.
Todorić and his sons, Ivan and Ante, and 12 other former Agrokor executives are suspected of unlawfully siphoning more than a billion kuna from Agrokor.
Even though it was assumed that after Todorić was extradited and placed in Remetinec jail he would be questioned by the Zagreb county prosecutor today already, that did not occur in the end.
For more on Ivica Todorić, click here.