“The information I have is that the bill will be put to the vote on Thursday, the parliamentary majority is stable,” Miloševic, who is a vice chairman of the task force for dealing with the 29 December earthquake, told the national radio on Sunday morning.
“I hold that the law on the post-earthquake reconstruction would be supported not only by the parliamentary majority but also all political parties, as I see this law as an above-party matter. This is not the time for political one-upmanship,” Milošević said.
After the Opposition broke the quorum in the parliament on Friday, the relevant amendments to the law on post-earthquake reconstruction were not voted in.
Considering the the demolition and removal of the buildings that were so damaged in the earthquake that they presented danger to human lives and health as well as to adjacent buildings, the Deputy PM told the national radio that the job was complex and that it required some procedure, including the consent from the owners and other permits.
The delay in the adoption of the post-quake reconstruction rendered this task more complicated, he said, adding that the new law would make all that easier.
Now, the authorities have started demolishing the state- and the city-owned buildings and structures, according to Milošević.
The removal of private properties, seriously damaged in the quake, will require the permission from the owners.
Milošević noted that more than 8,500 buildings and properties had been seriously damaged in the quake-affected areas, including in the cities of Petrinja, Glina and Sisak, as well as in scattered rural settlements.