November 26, 2018 – Josip Pavić, Xavi Garcia, Luka Lončar and Andro Bušlje will fight for the title of the best water polo player in the world this year.
Four Croatian water polo players – Josip Pavić, Xavi Garcia, Luka Lončar and Andro Bušlje – will compete to win the title of the best water polo player in the world for Total Player 2018, organized by the portal Total Waterpolo. After Sandro Sukno was declared the best player last year, Croats have the opportunity to win the prestigious award once again, and this time with the help of the public. You can read about last year’s winner here.
Fans can vote on the dedicated Total Waterpolo Player 2018 website until December 10, while the winners will be announced on December 18, 2018.
The Total Player 2018 award is the only international award for male and female water polo players. The audience will select the best male and female players with the help of a professional jury including 50 recognized water polo coaches and journalists.
The voices of the public will make up 20 percent of the total votes, and the remaining 80 percent will be chosen by the jury of coaches from 16 countries, mostly those who have conquered World and European Championships and won Olympic medals.
The current standings, as well as the jury’s votes so far, can be seen on the Total Waterpolo website.
About the Total Player Awards:
The Total Player initiative came from the water polo community’s desire to popularize the sport and improve the sporting spirit among different countries. Taking into account the opinion of all water polo players – fans, the media, and trainers, the Total Player award allows the best players to receive independent and professional recognition for their hard work during the 2017/2018 season.
To read more about water polo in Croatia, follow TCN’s dedicated page here.