Marina Punat on Krk Island Voted Best in Croatia

Total Croatia News

Congratulations to Marina Punat!

Marina Punat on Krk island was voted best in Croatia by users surveyed in the Zlatno sidro 2017 (Golden Anchor 2017) poll, reports Novi list on September 18, 2017.

Second place went to ACI Marina Slano, while the Olive Island Marina on Ugljan island got the third place. Based on feedback from yachtsmen, ACI Marina Cres got the ‘My Favourite Marina’ award, while the Adriatic Croatia International Club (ACI) took away the special recognition award for outstanding contribution to development of nautical tourism in Croatia. ACI was also commended for its help in organisation of the Jutarnji list Nautical Patrol 2017.

Marinas were ranked based on a questionnaire filled out by guests in every marina in Croatia. The survey had them answer seven questions related to organisation, cleanliness and tidiness of each marina, so the users evaluated service quality, staff hospitality, and all the entertaining and sports activities on offer. User votes made up 70% of the final score, while the nautical patrol served as a jury that evaluated each marina in general with grades from 1 to 5 for the remaining 30% of the score.

The ranking adventure kicked off in Umag; the patrol did a tour of the entire coast and finally docked on Lošinj island at the Bellevue hotel, where they held the award ceremony. In 57 days, the patrol visited 32 Croatian marinas, sailed a total of 615 nautical miles and interviewed 1132 marina guests.

“We wish to inject marinas with even more spirit and vibrance, so we’ll launch a new department for nautical and health tourism at the Ministry of Tourism. Along with the congress tourism sector, this one should open a new tourism niche specific to Croatia”, said Tourism Minister Gari Cappelli.

Director of Marina Punat Dragutin Žic couldn’t hide his satisfaction. “In 53 years since it opened, this is the first honour of this kind for our marina. It’s based on guest votes and that’s why the award has a special significance, said Žic”.


Translated from Novi list.


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment