Sibenik tourism has risen over the past few years, with this gorgeous historic Dalmatian town popping up on the ”must visit” radars of more and more people, but just how can the situation outside of the warm summer season be improved, and how can Croatia’s rising star of EU fund withdrawal succeed in extending their season?
As Morski writes on the 31st of January, 2020, the Sibenik City Tourist Board, in cooperation with the City of Sibenik, has for the second time now made an announcement of a public invitation for the application of manifestations and events for the award of grants from the programme “Let’s go to the city” (Idemo do grada) in 2020 for the area of the old city centre.
The subject of the public invitation is the award of grants from the Sibenik Tourist Board for events held outside of the main summer tourist season as the main motive for the arrival of locals, Croatian and foreign visitors to the destination, which contribute not only to Sibenik tourism as a whole, but also to the following goals:
– Attracting locals, domestic and foreign tourists to the old town of Sibenik;
– The development of tourism and the valorisation of cultural and historical heritage;
– Raising the quality and quantity of Sibenik’s cultural and tourist offer;
– The development of content that enables the improvement of the quality of Sibenik tourism’s season, as well as its extension;
– The promotion of the city of Sibenik, and especially the old city centre both at home and abroad;
– The creation of a recognisable image of Sibenik tourism
The public call for grants from the ”Let’s go to the city” grants refers exclusively to the events held during the pre-season, ie, in the months of February, March, April and May, and then in the post-season, respectively in the months of October and November. The public invitation also regards events that will take place exclusively in the area of the old town of Sibenik as a defined cultural and historical entity.
The budget funds for this public call are 200,000 kuna in total and are provided by both the City of Sibenik and the City of Sibenik Tourist Board.
The deadline for submitting applications is February the 17th, 2020.
Follow our travel page for more.