From Duilovo to Stobreč: New Coastal Promenade to Enhance Split Surroundings (VIDEO)

Daniela Rogulj

Updated on:


Dalmatinski Portal reports that as part of the large infrastructure project ‘Improving Water and Communal Infrastructure of the Split – Solin Agglomeration’, a 1,700-meter pipeline route with a service road by the sea will be built.

The construction project for the pipeline from Bačvice to UPOV Stupa with a planned total value of approximately HRK 253 million (including VAT), which includes the Duilovo-Stobreč section with a coastal embankment and service road, is financed in part from European grants from the project for Improving the Water and Communal Infrastructure of the Split – Solin Agglomeration. The total value of the entire project amounts to HRK 1,791,760,602.63, which with HRK 975,315,032.88, i.e., 68.71% of eligible costs is financed by grants from the European Union from the Cohesion Fund through the Operational Program Competitiveness and Cohesion 2014 – 2020. The remaining HRK 444,093,449.22 or 31.29% will be co-financed by national funds.

Realizing the Split-Solin agglomeration project has been blocked for many years by a lawsuit of a small group of dissatisfied citizens, led by Nebojsa Knezevic, who challenged the issued location permits. The project could finally come to fruition after the High Administrative Court ruling in September 2020.

The investor of the pipeline and service road is Vodovod i kanalizacija d.o.o Split and the City of Split will participate in horticultural costs and paving the service road along the infrastructure embankment on the Duiolovo-Stobreč section, which will also serve as a coastal promenade.

In addition to the construction of the road, it is also planned to plant greenery with autochthonous varieties of trees and low vegetation. The promenade will be beautified by approximately 559 trees, 4087 shrubby plants, and 2377 traditional Dalmatian plants such as lavender and rosemary.

The new sea view of the city will be ideal for walks, socializing and cycling. Citizens will soon enjoy the attraction that will give a special atmosphere to the city,” said ViK.

For more about lifestyle in Croatia, follow TCN’s dedicated page


Subscribe to our newsletter

the fields marked with * are required
Email: *
First name:
Last name:
Gender: Male Female
Please don't insert text in the box below!

Leave a Comment