Dubrovnik Mayor Andro Vlahušić on Monday met again with the Executive Producer of the new film ‘Robin Hood: Origins’, E. Bennett Walsh. It has been reported by the city of Dubrovnik that Walsh presented the final draft set design for the film, and announced that they will begin shooting in the second half of February 2017.
Dubrovački.dnevnik reports that at the meeting, Vlahušić and Walsh discussed the final details of the planned production of the first film in the trilogy, which will briefly turn Dubrovnik into a medieval Nottingham.
The filming will begin in the second half of February 2017, and the first elements for the stage and scenery will begin to be installed in December – with the first installment in the area under the bridge in Ploče. Filming will take place on the main part of Stradun, on Ulica Sv. Dominika, in the area behind the Cathedral, and at the foot of the fortress Minčeta.
E. Bennett Walsh also said that they had decided on Dubrovnik as the location for a number of previously completed projects.
“We opted for Dubrovnik for a number of previous, successfully implemented projects, and if we had not found Dubrovnik, I’m not sure any other city could represent an adequate alternative,” said Walsh.
Otherwise, as TCN reported in early October, the budget for the first part of ‘Robin Hood: Origins’, a kind of ‘prequel’ and precursor to the known story of the mythical hero, is around $90 million, while the marketing and promotion for the film is around $100 million US dollars – with Dubrovnik being the basis of the total global marketing campaign.
In addition, Walsh announced that the film crew, in the expanded edition of 60 people, will arrive in Dubrovnik already in two weeks.