The Croatian entrepreneur who is responsible for the deaths of an Italian couple due to the reckless driving of a boat in Croatian waters has managed to avoid jail so far, he even attempted to due the children of the couple he killed for damage done to his boat. This alone is disgusting enough, but the fact that people are going to jail in Croatia for the tiniest of offences while someone like this walks free is the real problem for the vast majority of angry citizens.
With all of that being said, and with the fact that Tomo Horvatincic managed to walk out of court with his driving license still in his hand despite his actions, Remetinec jail is his current home. Finally.
As Poslovni Dnevnik writes, Zagreb businessman Tomo Horvatincic said goodbye to his friends on Tuesday and told them that his new home would be in Remetinec prison from Wednesday, where he would wait for the solution of his sixth appeal in which he is asking for his sentence to be postponed. In the past, he has been preparing to go to prison, to serve a sentence of four years and ten months, due to the aforementioned maritime accident in which he caused the death of two Italian citizens on a speedboat a decade ago.
Despite the lawyers’ appeals against the court decision refusing another postponement, the entrepreneur appeared to know his fate had arrived and made sure to take all of the appropriate measures so that his business could function without him.
He appointed his son Kresimir Horvatincic as the director of his companies HOTO ZRINJEVAC, HOTO CVJETNI and HOTO ISTRA, while remaining in the position of director himself too, as he is still at the head of the umbrella HOTO GROUP as the President of the Management Board, but his son has been a member of the Management Board since 2018, so the job can function without additional personnel changes, writes Lider.
For more, follow our dedicated lifestyle section.